Pages


Sunday, February 05, 2006


I've signed up for a spring contest at The Crocheters Treasure Box. The last time we had such at contest it was so much fun. I'm really looking forward to this one too. There are two categories:
1) Thread Spring theme
2) Yarn Spring theme

Now. I have to satrt thinking what catergory I'm going to be doing. And what I 'm going to make. I'm already searching through. I can do with ideas from you too, infact I'd love to hear what you think you'll like to see at a crochet contest. Please share your thoughts. I'm looking for ideas to make small projects....nothing that takes too long to make . There will be a vote to choose the winner. Isnt that cool?
Last time I had entered a beaded doily. It was a pineapple and roses doily pattern from freepatterns.com. The original pattern had no beads and was in Christmas theme. I had given a chane to the colours to give a spring look and added on colourful beads. I did not win any prize as the winning entry was too good...just breathtakingly beautiful. It was a 3 dimentional basket with a bouquet of flowers ( different types) all done in crochet.It was a true work of art. It was done by Marie. A very special and talented lady.

No comments: