Pages


Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Step one - Knit

    Yes here is the laughs I promised!!! This is my first step ...knit, knit , knit! It's a a swatch done with just knit every stitch. And yes I learnt to bind off as well. Not at all neat but I didnt miss or drop any stitch . All I dropped was the knitting needle once in a while.
Image hosting by Photobucket 



         And this next picture is the swatch of all purl stitch. This seemed easier to do! I wonder why? This one is slightly bigger and I learnt to bind off in purl stitch on this one .





          There is one thing I dont understand...both the knit swatch and the purl swatch look the same when you see it. Is this how it should be or have I messed up? And another thing I cannot figure out which is the back and which is the front!!!!



          Maybe now I'll tackle a simple pattern for beginners with just these stitches to apply. Well, more laughs , I guess. So watch out.



           Did I also tell u I knit awfully slow? I had to curb the need to grab a hook !

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Yay, you're knitting! Actually as I mentioned, I've forgotten everything so I have to go back to the basics next time I knit. I'll not start now to learn to cast on because I might forget that I still have crochet patterns to write ;)

MP said...

Hi
So now you are into knitting! Awesome, join the club! Your swatches look good, you seem to have set your heart on it. A lot of people find purling tougher....
Good job!

Yasmin said...

Mimi,Thanks for encouraging. But I'm sure if you it knew knitting earlier , all you'll need is just some refreshing. Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing you crochet patterns. Eagerly!

Thank Manasi! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your comment. Good to know that you think I'm doing it right.Yay!