Pages


Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Spring Contest at The Crocheter's Treasure Box

Spring Contest at The Crocheter's Treasure Box



                                  I had mentioned sometime back about the spring contest I was participating in ....so now here are the pictures of my entries. There are two categories:



1. THREAD



                    This is my doily for the contest. Its called Carnation Rose doily from the book A Dozen and One Floral Doilies. The original did  not have the beads in the doily but I just added them on to make it prettier. The picture does no justice to the doily , I'm afraid. Anyways, the close up picture seems to have come better.
Image hosting by Photobucket 





So here is the close up to give a full detailed account. I've used pearl beads for the centre of the Roses . and little green pearly beads for edging trims.



 



2). YARN



                   Now this is no new item for my usual blog friend . I've been posting the progress on this Draw-string Bag as I was making it. This is my own pattern . It was quick and fun to make too. I've added on  a rose as an emblishment and ofcourse used rainbow toned blue beads ( you cant really see in the picture that well).





                                   The contest will be ending on April 15th. And the results to be announced on the 16th of April. So please wish me luck. No really, I dont mind not winning at all, this was such fun. And the best part is we all get to pick one of the entries. First the one voted as No. 1 gets to take her pick from the contest entries, then the one voted as No.2 gets to pick her choice out of the remaining entries and so on...This is so exciting and such fun.              

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a gorgeous doily! And the bag is just too cute. I'd save you have a really good chance...good luck!

Ulla said...

I wish you good luck.You are really worth all the gold medals.The crochet things you make are so wonderful.Welldone,sweet and useful.

Wish you a happy Easter if you celebrate it or have a nice weekend.Now I have 10 days of Easter holidays.Time for crochet

Anonymous said...

Wow! The doily and bag are just gorgeous! You're quite talented!

Yasmin said...

Lynn,Ulla and Sue,Thankyou so much. You say such sweet things.
Ulla, good for you ...10 days off for Easter. Looking forward to hearing about it.

Mimi said...

Beautiful doily, Yas! I love the color of the roses and the pearl bead in it and the beads on the edges. Lovely work! Good luck on both of your entries =)

Tandi said...

The carnation doily is absolutely gorgeous. And the bag is just too cute!

jaishree said...

beautitful work! the doily is really gorgeous..I would say you have a good chance of winning..all the best..
jaishree

MP said...

That's a spectacular looking doily! and the bag is pretty too...
I hope you win the contest, I am rooting for you! You are super talented Yasmin...Way to Go!

Yasmin said...

Thank you Manasi and Raquel! I wish you were the judbes...lol!