Pages


Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Another buttoned cushion cover
Most of the patterns I see for pillow / cushion covers have a zipper attachment.Now that bothers me a big deal because I'm a buttons person! I try my best to incorporate buttons whenever a zipper is required. Believe it or not, I go to great lengths to achieve this! This ap[plies to everything including various covers, garments, bags etc...What is it about zippers that I don't like ? Well, for starters, I hate it when zippers get stuck or when the yarn gets caught is the zipper , or maybe it's just because I'm not comfortable with attaching a zip to fabric. I usually make a mess of it.
So here is my latest cushion cover with buttons. Now I really wish we had all those gorgeous buttons available out here. Especially the big sized ones. I would go nuts collecting them!
This one is made to go with the granny afghan I made a while back for my friend's daughter.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so pretty! I love the color combinations and the buttons are a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Lovely cushion cover Yas, I want to make one too, what yarn did you use, is this also your pattern ?
Lovely, buttons too.I like using zippers but have a problem with attaching them.

Anonymous said...

The buttons are a cute touch to this pillow. Have you tried Al Washia for buttons or the streets of Satwa? I've found some interesting buttons there.

Anonymous said...

I love it! Great idea I am not a zipper person either.

I hope you are well. I have your reveal package ready I might have to wait until next payday (the 20th) to mail it though. Sorry.
Your CM Secret Pal

Yasmin said...

Thanks for your lovely comments. I'm glad you liked it. I liked the end result too. It's again a simple cushion made with a common enough stitch pattern.
Thanks Preeti for the heads up about the satwa stores. I'll definately check it out. And where is Al Washia?
Secret Pal, no worry and no hurry ! I'm just too excited about this....it's ok about the delay, I know how expensive international postage is. It's what keeps me from joining all the exchanges I want to sign up for!

Anonymous said...

Yasmin, mail me about buttons.

Mimi said...

Cute pillow! I like the button closure too.