Pages


Thursday, September 03, 2009

Broomstick Lace
Learning new techniques or old ones actually , but which are new to me. Some of my dear crochet friends are afraid of losing me to knitting , so this post is specially for them. (This and the next few posts too.)I have been crocheting away non- stop. Especially more since I"ve started knitting. Whenever I have problems in my knitting and get a low morale crochet comes to my rescue. I find peace and solace in old familiar territory. Like coming home.






I enjoyed this technique and I am looking forward to doing a few more projects in this method. Maybe a baby afghan.....lets see. As usual I did not have the tools required and improvising has become a necessity. This time I used my sons Jumbo pencil. I made a smilar scarf earlier too when I was learning the stitch but that was way too uneven and amateur. I'm happy with this one.

5 comments:

Preeti said...

Lovely FOs and such a cute baby. The halter and hat set are adorable and the colors work so well together.

Yasmin said...

Thank you, Preeti . The yarn is a lovely colour. I fell for the yarn as soon as I saw it.

iaminchennai said...

Baby Pinkkkkkk... The scarf is looking nice..
Broomstick lace has been on my learning list from a long long time.. but i cant see try it soon.. is it too difficult???

iaminchennai said...

Baby Pinkkkkkk... The scarf is looking nice..
Broomstick lace has been on my learning list from a long long time.. but i cant see try it soon.. is it too difficult???

Yasmin said...

Thank you,Radhika. Broomstick lace is much easier than it looks. I enjoyed it.