Pages


Saturday, July 07, 2007

It's like a heat wave out here. The Temperature is at 48 - 50 C usually ! And that makes it a perfect weather to stay at home and crochet :). So I'm not complaining. But my poor plants are having tough time . I'm giving then extra tender loving care but I do hope they can live through this rough summer.
As for the crochet front, I'm working on several things. Just finished designing a little something ( can't tell you what it is yet ) for a contest. Not really designing but creating something out of a given motif. I enjoy these little challenges.
Another similar challenge has come up too in another group too. So looks like the next few days will be spent tapping at my little bit of creativity. I have certain amazing ideas but I wonder if I have the ability to translate it into a project or will it just remain a frustrating frogging exercise. It's one thing to think up designs but to actually make it work is totally different thing !! So hats off to all the designers out there who save us the pain of creation and give us the joy of following patterns .
I've been learning different stitches in knitting. I have a little FO to show too. Hopefully I'll get around to posting the pictures tomorrow.
In the meanwhile , I'm open to all ideas for designing . So please if you think you could share your thoughts with me , I'd be happy to hear from you.

5 comments:

Mimi said...

Can't wait to see your FOs, and your new designs :)
Btw, I cant help you much with design tips, for I go by trial and error. I take too much time...A lot of research, actual crocheting and frogging, and even scrapped projects, before I come up with a design :p

Anonymous said...

Holy Smokes!! That's 120 degrees F!! How can you function?! Indeed, it's a good day to stay in a crochet.

LG said...

Hi dear Yasmin! When you have time, go to my blog... look for your name... there´s an Award for you!

Anonymous said...

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Anonymous said...

All generalizations are false, including this one.